Thursday, May 30, 2013

Intolerance of the heat

I remember being a kid and loving the summer!  Not because school was out, but the heat itself did not really bother me.  That changed in my late teens, early 20's.  I started to not like the heat AT ALL!  I just couldn't tolerate it.  Years later, I still dread the summers.  But I am hoping with going through topical steroid withdrawal, that I will soon enjoy the summer days again.  I had a glimpse of that today.

Today started off as bad as the others - grabbed my ice this morning, wrapped it around my neck, and got ready for another painful day.  Well, I started feeling slightly better through the morning.  The swelling and pain decreased dramatically.  I shut the AC off and opened the windows.  I then went to work and was able to tolerate the heat all day - hit almost 90 degrees out today and it was about 80 degrees inside.  The kids were the ones begging for me to turn the AC back on before I was ready to.  I actually tolerated temperatures greater than 70 degrees!  It may not seem like much, but it feels like a huge breakthrough for me! 

I started to think this was the beginning of one of the 5-7 day breaks I was getting once a month.  But over the last hour my left arm swelled up again.  Oh well, at least I got a partial day break!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment