Friday, June 10, 2016

Healing with food

There is so much controversy on whether or not healing can be sped up with a change in diet.  I personally had less itching and hives whenever I cut out dairy and gluten. I have heard mix reviews. I do know that doing a cleansing diet can actually exacerbate the symptoms of TSW however according to natural medicine, one must get worse before one gets better. This seems to be true for many health problems as well.  Today though I am going to start a discussion on healing with food for my hives and asthma.

I have been writing about my hives and asthma for a good year now.  It seemed as soon as my skin healed, my asthma and hives just escalated. It has been very discouraging to say the least.  For over a year I have also began and stopped my all natural diet so many times!  I was not consistent for any length of time due to moving and stress with my husband still living 12 hours away due to the poor job conditions here in KY.

But the last few weeks I have done a slow progression of heading towards my all natural diet.  I have been working part time so I knew I couldn't stick with it all.  About 3 weeks ago I vowed to not eat gluten for at least 6 months. So far not a bite!  I've been very careful about what I am eating and made sure gluten was in nothing. My hives and asthma have improved about 25 to 30%.

My next step was to do a semi fast of bone broth. Knowing broth is high histamine I knew that if I was going to eat anything at all it would have to be strictly freshly cooked organic meat or cooked veggies.  So yesterday was day 1.  4 cups of beef broth I made at home and dinner of cooked chicken with sautéed mushrooms and onions.  No hives and my asthma was reduced by 50% in the last 24 hours.  Today I had scrambled eggs and organic bacon along with 2 to 3 cups of beef broth.  I have some slight itching so I'm thinking eggs and/or bacon are outof my diet for now.  But no asthma symptoms whatsoever today.

Now I know that using my inhaler or nebulizer 4 to 5 times a day is completely uncontrolled!  I am well aware of that. However I refuse to use an inhaled steroid and singulair.  I know singulair is not a steroid but I want to get off all medications.  So taking it would defeat the purpose of pushing myself to eat better.

Of course things can change.  I will keep you all updated on my progress.  As a side note I'm only taking a few supplements during this...my probiotic, my active B's, and l-glutamine for gut healing.  I stopped everything else to give my body a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment