Sunday, June 12, 2016

So much better!!!!

Well it is day 4 of my very limited diet.  All I can say is I'm doing way better!!  No hives and only 2 neb treatments for my asthma in the last 36 hours.  That's truly amazing given I was on average doing 3 to 4 per day.  I was a bit concerned about the bone broth due to my histamine intolerance but so far no hives.  I did have to use my neb yesterday because I ate bacon bits in my salad.  I thought for sure my reaction the other day was due to the eggs, not the bacon. But I had bacon yesterday and got itchy and needed a breathing treatment.  This morning I just had eggs and no reaction.  It really helps to only eat 4 to 5 things total each day.  When I add something new, it is then very obvious what I'm reacting to.

All I can say is I'm very excited to be sleeping all night and not needing a neb treatment first thing upon waking (or being woken up by labored breathing).  It is definitely worth a try for all you warriors out there.  You may not notice things at first due to major inflammation, but given time I do think diet is the key to overall health.

By the way....I've had a huge problem losing weight since going into TSW....I was about 160 lbs at the beginning and I went up to 220.  I've tried numerous times to eat healthier and would only lose 5 lbs at the most.   I made it down to 210 the last few months and was so frustrated because it felt like I was barely eating due to all my hives and asthma yet I couldn't seem to lose any weight.  Well I'm happy to announce I'm down to 207.  That''s 6 lbs in 5 days.  I'm sure a few lbs is just water given my high protein, low carb diet. But it still feels good to see something less than 210.

That's it for now.  I'll keep you all posted as the days and weeks progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment