Thursday, August 15, 2013

Happy 6 Months To Me!!!!

Technically my 6th month mark was yesterday, but was in no mood to be writing.  My mini-flare has turned into a major flare.  I know everyone has different viewpoints of what a flare is.  Basically I flare for 4 weeks straight - get a 2-4 day break and flare again.  My flares include redness, constant itching, pain, swelling, and oozing.  I do not have the symptoms constantly in all areas- typically the areas move around.  However certain areas remain in a constant state of flare for months - like my neck, arms, and chest.  Now my arms are flaring again, small areas on my neck, my chest, back, and my entire legs.  The swelling in my legs has become very uncomfortable the last 24-48 hours.  I had one day of the extreme pain I had in months 4 and 5, but now it is back to its normal state of minor pain.  Still doing well energy wise.  We are now officially on the GAPS diet.  Sleep is still going well as long as I take my Tylenol, Motrin, and Benadryl.  Overall I can't complain too much.  It's tolerable for now.  Even though I was flaring yesterday I still had the energy to grocery shop AND take the kids to the park!  I sat outside for about 10 minutes with my face and hands exposed - so nice not to be agitated in the sun and wind.  It was cool and windy, which 2 months ago would have seen me running for cover! 

Overall I feel I am past the absolute worst part of TSW.  Of course that can change, but I am hopeful given my energy levels are continuing to increase and my need for a nap has diminished a lot.  I have only napped once in the past 2 weeks.  Of course with my flare back, that may change.  I may be very uncomfortable and I hate the ooze - even though it is a small amount - but it's better because I no longer have the constant burning pain - that comes and goes now.  I still am not able to go back to work because my hands. while much much better with the emu oil, are still flaring.  I started putting the emu oil from my hands to my elbows on both arms.  Hoping in a few weeks to have only a pink shade for that area. 

The rest of life is OK.  Keeping on top of the kids with their schooling, keeping track of the bills, getting better with planning meals, cleaning much needed cluttered areas I neglected the last 6 months, and basically starting to live again.  I have been doing more writing which I find I am enjoying more and more.  Another article of mine was posted on cnn.com (about racism) and that brought more people to my articles on TSW.  Every little bit helps!  I am trying to find a way to write an article that will gain enough attention to be vetted about TSW. 

Hopefully everyone is doing OK!  Keep up the good fight! 

3 comments:

  1. Happy 6 months Tracy!
    I am happy you are seeing some improvements! YAY! lets hope i get some great improvements in 4 months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa!! Praying you get a big break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I'm just under two weeks shy of 5 months. Cannot wait til 6months is here!!

    ReplyDelete