Sunday, December 15, 2013

Colloidal Silver

I decided to give this a try after my hands started really hurting the last few days.  My hands are badly cracked....more from washing them so much at work I think than TSW....but the TSW makes it worse.  I tried a whole lot of things.  I found that my hands were getting red around the cracks....TSW or infection?  Hmmm.  I then would try bacitracin or neosporin on my hands in case they were infected.  But the cream or ointment would make my hands that soft moisturizing like skin that would actually be worse than the dry skin. I did moisturizer withdrawal for a reason....but I couldn't with my hands because I was risking infection.  I talked to a skin care nurse who offered me little assistance.  The options were limited and expensive.  So then I decided to try colloidal silver spray.  It is silver particles in water.  They sell a silver cream but that would negate the whole MW thing. So I bought the spray and started it last night.  I figured I would try spraying my hands 4 times per day.  I have done it 3 times between yesterday and today and already feel a difference.  Now they still look as bad, but the pain is almost completely gone!  I am hoping this helps combat the minor infections taking place.  I know there is some debate on whether people with TSW grow extra bacteria on their skin or not.  Some have been cultured and show no infection.  But as a nurse, I know broken skin is a great breeding ground for bacteria.  Our bodies do a marvelous job fighting germs.  So while cultures show no infection, it doesn't mean our bodies are not working extra hard to fight higher levels of bacteria.  I also know antibiotics do a horrible thing to our guts and are generally not good unless absolutely necessary. I also know putting ointment or cream on TSW skin can make it worse for some people. But colloidal silver spray can be put on the skin in a water base - fighting infection without adding a moisturizing agent. And helping our bodies fight infection during this trying time may be helpful.  At least for someone like me who is exposed to millions more germs than the average person because of my job.

I will trial this for a week and then report back sometime next week on how  it goes.  I have plenty of pictures of my hands so  there should be a good comparison especially if nothing else on my body changes during this week.

7 comments:

  1. My tsw has been the worst on my hands so much so that I couldn't use them for barely anything in the first couple months when I was moisturizing. After I did MW the splits and fissures healed over and I was able to use them again. But, I've had to wear white cotton gloves and/or latex free plastic gloves for protection, depending on what I'm doing. I have tried the silver and don't have much experience with it yet to say anything. But, I would suggest that if it doesn't continue to work for you, try rinsing your hands with water diluted tea tree oil to keep infections at bay. Between that and wearing non latex gloves you should be able to get through the day. I'm usually able to keep all skin breaks healed by dabbing tea tree oil on them. Witch hazel as an astringent too and helps with oozing areas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan...I will try that as I have tea tree oil in my cabinet. I use the non-latex gloves at work but they still irritate my skin.

      Delete
  2. Just be careful with the silver! Overuse can cause an irreversible skin condition called argyria. Only a few days ago, there was a lady in the newspaper who had it. Take care my friend. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll encounter no argyria as long as you're using nano-particulate silver, aka "the new silver solution." Although it's no longer "new," nano-particulate silver is the current generation of silver solutions offered commercially today. It has been exhaustively studied by major research institutions and found to be remarkably safe and effective for both the prevention and treatment of pathogens of all stripes--viral, bacterial, and fungal. Of course quality varies among brands, but there's plenty of info online that can steer you to reputable products. I was introduced to it several years ago by a nutritionist, and I wouldn't be without it! I ingest it daily as a prophylactic as well as use it topically to protect my open TSW skin from infection.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Louise and The Sentinel for the information!! I don't ingest it - only spray it topically. I have ingested it in the past when I feel a cold or sore throat coming on and it works great. But I only spray it on my throat a few times a day for 2-3 days and I barely get any cold symptoms. I appreciate the concern and information as I am always open to everything! :)

      Delete
  3. Colloidal silver is amazing. And no you won't turn grey, that's people using crude homemade silver and ingesting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen a few of the pictures online of the grey people...I agree it would have to take something really potent and a lot of it to do something like this! We use it mostly for the onset of colds/flu. Works like a charm!

      Delete