Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Toxins or acid? (WARNING: Adult content)

That is the question of the day.  You see since I have been taking the glutathione for the last 2 months, I have had a bit of a problem with my husband and my periods. (Huh???).  This problem got MUCH worse since starting the IV glutathione injections.  You see glutathione is a necessary antioxidant needed for every cell of our body....it cleans the toxins from our cells.  When we take in too many toxins (from food, pollution, medications, and so forth) our body becomes depleted and the toxins build up in our bodies....mostly in our fat cells. We can help increase glutathione in our bodies  by eating high sulfur foods (or taking MSM0, exercising, and taking precursors such as NAC.  When we increase our glutathione, the  body then has the tools to clean itself of toxins.  In our case, topical steroids.  Plus all the other toxins our bodies could not rid itself of due to using TS on a daily basis - in my case for 30 years.  Ummmm, that's A LOT of toxins people!

So what does this have to do with my hubby and my periods?  You see my last period caused me a lot of burning "down there".  Basically my own blood burned my skin.  I thought I was going to die for those 4 days.  I thought maybe I got a yeast infection....but after it was gone, so was the burning.  Hmmmm.  Then there is the problem with hubby and our ummmm, relations.  You see, for the last few weeks, anytime we try to get "close" he ends up burning and on fire from my bodily fluid.  At first we thought there were other issues at hand but nope...basically I am causing his sensitive skin to burn.  What in the world????  Then it hit me as to what might really be going on (thanks to bouncing this off my sister and her coming up with the why).   Either I am highly acidic from the supplements (although I can't figure out how or why that would be), or I am releasing toxins in such large volumes, the toxins are coming out in any way possible.

I figure it has to be the toxins.  I am still not sweating a lot....only under my breasts on a regular basis, and on my neck and chest only during exercise.  The smell is always strong but not to the point of nausea.  Well yesterday I started to sweat finally in my armpits.  I jumped in the shower after my elliptical routine.  When I went to raise my arms to wash my hair, I thought I was going to vomit!!  The smell was THAT bad coming from my armpits.  It was not normal body odor.  As  a nurse, I have smelled some nasty BO before.  This surpassed them all!  I may be a bit dramatic here, but seriously, I have NEVER smelled anything that horrible coming from my body before!  It was by far gross and disgusting!  The first thought that came after the nausea, was "I've got to be toxic!".

I would love to know if anyone else has experienced this maybe with a cleanse or something similar.  It is not something that causes me grief, but it did initially put a strain on my marriage because neither of us knew what the heck was going on.  Now that we think we know, we are working around it. But it would help to know if these kinds of things have affected others with cleanses or detox supplements.

Sorry for the very sensitive topics discussed...but I have been honest about this journey and will continue to report things as they come along no matter how good, how bad, or how sensitive.  :)  

9 comments:

  1. Wow that is very weird, but interesting. Makes sense all the toxic build-up needs to get out somehow. Damn steroids! Does your sweat cause any unusual burning?? I'm really interested in what you have been doing lately for your TSW and hope it all works out. It would be amazing to find some answers for other sufferers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the weird thing....my sweat does not cause burning, but I shower right after exercising. However with my period, I thought I was reacting to the pads, but they are the all natural ones I have used for years and never had a problem with. I got the burning sensation if I didn't change my pad out within a few hours. I will know more this coming period, but I'm sort of dreading it.

      Delete
    2. Hey, Tracy! Not sure if it would make any difference, but I use a menstrual cup (LadyCup but there are many brands) which maybe might reduce the burning feeling in your case since it collects the blood and the blood doesn't touch your skin...just an idea!

      Delete
    3. Brista, I will look into that! Never heard of a LadyCup before! Sounds like an excellent idea!!

      Delete
  2. Sweat always drove me into an insane itch attack, but it didn't burn. That is weird, Tracy. Are you on any probiotics? I am assuming you are. What is the smell like? I have had a very strong yeasty smell--like I just ate an onion pizza combined with a metallic smell. I took a DSS bath this morning, and after conversing with Dan decided to try the non moisturizer route today. I'm itchy under my breasts now too--that has not happened before, but no smell at all today…so I wonder if the moisturizer was inhibiting my skin from breathing and getting the toxins out that way.
    I will tell you that 2 months ago, my husband was standing about 2 or 3 ft from me and he said "What is THAT smell?" and I said "Unfortunately, me!"
    -Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, on probiotics. 50 billion with 11 different strains. It did not have a yeasty smell at all. It was more like something died....almost a burnt flesh smell mixed with dead animal smell. I know that is a horrible description, but seriously it was that bad. I also have a horrible smell in my urine for 3-4 days after getting the IV glutathione. The nurse said it was from my body releasing toxins from the glutathione flush. Initially I didn't believe her....thinking it was just what the actual glutathione must smell like coming out in my urine. But it lasts for 3 days...and most things given IV only last about 6-8 hours typically in your body. So I'm thinking it has to be my body releasing a heck of a lot of toxins at once now that it has the tools to do so. I swear if the armpit smell did not wash off, I would have gone straight to the hospital as I was pretty freaked out about it.
      I would be interested to know how the MW goes for you! I know Louise is starting to feel better on day 5 now.
      My husband still claims to this day he never smelled anything bad on me even when ooze was pouring out of me! I think he is just too nice to have said anything! Not that your husband is not nice! :) Mine just happens to placate me at times for the sake of peace...he might fear me snapping his head off depending on my mood. Poor guy!

      Delete
  3. Tracy, please be careful with your experimenting, and be sure find out how acidic your system is asap. I haven't done a lot of cleansing diets but have studied them and it seems like you'd want your body to be rather clean via more mild cleansings before going through a much more thorough one like this. I don't know, maybe you did, just saying. I hope you know what you're doing! A highly acidic system is not good. How is your MW going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dan for your concern...I have been slowly detoxing over 5 years with an all natural diet. I had studied colon cleanses, juice fasts, and water fasts. I never did any of them because I knew I was severely toxic. I knew I would be in for a deep cleanse with the IV glutathione after researching it. But after 9 months of TSW and 5 years of a clean diet, I figured my body could handle it. So far OK except for burning my hubby. But I will be going to the ND tomorrow and asking some more questions and maybe taking a urine pH test or even having a basic chemistry blood test. The MW is status quo - super dry and not bad as long as I can keep from scratching too much. Hope you are well!

      Delete
    2. Sounds like you prepared. Good idea on seeing the doc for a urine test and blood work. Try to get your Vitamin D level tested too if you already haven't. It's great info to have so you know how much to take. I wish you the best!

      Delete