Friday, June 14, 2013

Oh My Goodness!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't write 2 posts in one day, but this is deserving.  I just completed my last post and was re-reading it.  Something dawned on me!! I had to go back to the calendar and sure enough I am entering month 5, not month 4!!  I do not know how I have been counting wrong, but apparently my brain is still not working at top level!  Not sure if I am happy about this or saddened - thinking I would be getting a break sometime around month 4 and now that it has past and I am still in a near constant flare, well I am a bit depressed the more I think about it.  I was hoping I went through a near withdrawal 7 years ago when I went from using prescription creams to occasional over the counter hydrocortisone (mixed in with other creams).  I had a terrible 2-3 years.  I then had a good few years but went back to using more and more of the hydrocortisone.  I was hoping my withdrawal wouldn't have been so bad considering I thought I had withdrawn from the higher strengths, but oh well.  It may be I am in for a long haul here.  I have read some people go more than a year with no break at all.  I have also come across a lot of people who get a break around month 4.  So I was hoping....not to say I can't get a break in month 5 or 6 or 7.  But with 30+ years of use, my withdrawal is not going to be on the lighter side.

With all that said, I am happy to know I have made it 4 months through this horid thing!  I am 1/3 of the way done with a year!  My goal is to be able to enjoy next summer!!!  This summer is out for sure!  I get attacked by bugs the instant I step outside - maybe the ooze attracts them?  Either way, I already knew this summer was going to be a dud, so no disappointment there!  I just hope I can kick up to 2 days a week of work by month 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment