Friday, June 7, 2013

Red, red, red!

Boy, I have been very very red the last 2 days!  Even my kids are telling me my face looks much more red than normal.  Lots of pain - seems more nerve pain than anything.  I woke up early this morning and couldn't fall asleep so I hopped into the tub before the itching got to be uncontrollable.  It was a nice change from my normal torture....the burning was much less being I went most of the night not scratching.  I have a pretty good sleep regimen since about week 4 or 5.  I take 2 Benadryl about an hour before I want to go to sleep.  It takes about an hour for the Benadryl to "kick in" causing me enough drowsiness to fall asleep.  Just before falling asleep I take 600-800 mg Ibuprofen with 1000mg Tylenol.  For whatever reason this works wonders for me.  If I just take the Benadryl I will be awake by 4 am itching and in pain.  If I take the pain meds at the same time as the Benadryl, I will be awake by 6am.  But if I take them as above (an hour after the Benadryl) I sleep til 7 am.  I know that ibuprofen helps relieve both pain and inflammation.  Tylenol helps with pain - even nerve pain.  They can be safely taken at the same time.  I however am careful to only take them at bedtime as they can affect the liver and kidneys - and those organs are taxed along with the rest of the body through TSW.  I have only taken them during the day 3 times in the past 3 months during the most agonizing times. 

My energy levels are still pretty high - went shopping today at 3 different stores with the kids.  I had to skip our favorite Barnes and Nobles as the pain in my neck was too much and I didn't have my alternative to ice - Neosporin with pain relief.  LOVE this stuff!  Kills the burning and pain instantly.  But like all medications - only to be used sparingly - so I use it when I cannot get to the ice.  Anyway, going to try some Yoga this evening.  Hoping to start getting in some exercise now that I a having more energy!  But I can't do anything that will cause too much sweating - not at that point yet where I am sweating normally.

Hope all is having a good day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment